As we review the 3rd quarter of 2020 we track market performance using a unique “under the numbers” approach – we study 5 MACRO drivers Capital, Demographics, Technology, Global Markets, and Ecology.
The U.S. economy and capital markets, still hit by the Ecology Wave Covid-19 virus, continue to recover from steep 1st Quarter losses, but on the back of enormous government stimulus moves – $4T+ deficits this year.
Stocks and real estate rose and are positive year to date. Fixed income dropped - governments issued new money and also began purchasing non-government bonds to boost economies. The U.S. employment is recovering, from 14.7% to 7.9% April – May:
What’s new about this virus event:
While Covid-19 is a game-changing global health event, it’s effect on markets appears to be similar to other health events, seen here:
Our unique “under the numbers” to the key economic drivers:
- Ecology – Unexpected Covid-19 crisis.
- Technology – speedy vaccines & therapies, industry mobilized.
- Demographic/Human – Hospitals OK, 1st responder heroes, immune health vital.
- Global Markets – remain disrupted, Internet commerce thrives.
- Capital Macro – massive new debt, investors beware.
Don’t forget to join us November 12, 2020 at 7pm MT for our 2020 BWA Wealth & Health Faire. Dr. Marc Milstein will discuss: Keeping Your Brain Young: Slow Aging, Boost Productivity and Lower Risk for Alzheimer’s and Dementia.